The Argo is a 39 meters long very comfortable live-aboard. Specialties of this adventure are excellence in service, food and non-stop underwater excitement.
Argo is a very intentional blend of work ship and luxury yacht. She was totally redesigned and refitted in 2008, to pamper up to 16 discriminating passengers in 8 spacious, well-appointed staterooms. A 130-foot vessel (40 meters) with full global reach, the Argo was also conceived to serve as the ultimate platform for a deep-diving submersible as well as for remote operating vehicle deployment (R.O.V.). She offers heavy lift capabilities, stability and ample deck space for any chore imaginable.
Fourteen well-seasoned crew look after the ship, the projects and the guest's every need. A comfortable and stylish lounge, dining area and sun deck comprise the social areas. The ambience is completed with original, undersea themed artwork throughout. The well-equipped galley enables the ship's chefs to prepare fresh, international level, four-star cuisine for meal times or at the "drop of a hat".
On board accessories consist of all standard diving gear including scuba, Nitrox, rebreather facilities and zero-speed stabilizers. Three, powerful, 24-foot skiffs serve as tender-boats, which perform submersible tracking duties, shepherding of divers to remote sites, ship-to-shore transfers and any other conceivable recreational or support related activities. All of our skiffs are powered by fumeless 4-cycle, 115 HP twin-outboard motors that can bring you rapidly to any dive site within an extended, safe radius of the mothership. They are further equipped with VHF radios, depth sounders and portable GPS. A T-Roof and rigid bow cover is also mounted on these vessels for your comfort.
The vessel accommodates 14 passengers in 7 luxury double cabins.The large cabins have two seperate beds (not bunks).
Each cabin contains:
- Satellite telephone for international calls
- Internet access
- Surround-sound system
- IPod dock
- Flat Screen
- Luxury Bathrooms
- Double Cabin
- Length: 129 ft.
- Beam: 26 ft.
- Draft: 12.5 ft.
- Displacement: 205 tons
- Construction: Steel
- Bow Thruster: 360 bow thruster (Perkins T6 240 HP)
- Engines: CAT D398TA; 634 kW (850 hp) @ 1225 rpm
- Hydraulic Power Pak: GM 12-71 ( 350HP )
- Cruising Speed: 10 knots
- Maximum Speed: 11 knots
- Range: 4000 Nautical Miles
- Endurance: 20 days
- Tenders: Dive support: 3 x Privateer 24 ft. (with twin 115 HP outboards)
- Generators: 2 CAT 3304 PCNA (75kw and 65kw) 208 VAC, 3 Phase generators 1 portable generator 5kw
- Fuel Tank: 15.000 gallons US
- Water Tank: 11.000 gallons US
- Safety: 2 x 25-person life rafts. Complete boat, crew and passenger safety gear.
- Scuba Compressors: LP 280 Nitrox Membrane System 2 Bauer HP Compressors H13-E3
- Scuba Tanks: 30 tanks 80 cu.ft. Aluminum 100 cu.ft. Steel tanks (Advanced Reservations Required)
- Technical Diving: Full oxygen, nitrox and rebreather service, passengers must bring their own rebreathers.
Firefighting system throughout vessel. Extensive first aid kit. 20 personal diver locator systems.
- 3 GPS (Global Positioning Systems) 2 Radars (48 mile) 2 recording fathometers Radio Direction Finder SIMRAD Auto pilot
- 2 VHF radios 3 handheld VHF radios SSB radio (SEA 222) Multi-system televisions, CD stereo and DVD player. Multimedia Desktop Computer Starlit phone.
- DEEP SEE SUBMERSIBLE: 3 Person, one atmosphere, 1500 ft rated submersible, ABS approved and certified with Schilling Orion manipulator/robotic arm.
- DECK MACHINERY: Crane: 15 ton, Telescopic marine crane w/50 ft. reach Stern A-Frame: 10 long tons, 5 X 1000 lb. Hydraulic winches Anchor winch:5000 lb. pull winch with 800 ft. 7/8 cable.
Diver facilities are extremely well designed: private camera/strobe storage shelves with individual 110 volts AC power, individual gear storage, a private dryer for clients towels and bathing suits, etc.
This is a superbly comfortable, stable and spacious vessel, with everything a serious diver/ photographer could wish for. While on board the Argo, you can also take advantage of the opportunity to become a certified nitrox and rebreather diver, which will both extend your bottom time, and allow you to get even closer to the marine life.
The Argo carries a DeepSee submersible onboard most of the trips.
Call us today on +31 858 771 583